About Eating Disorders
Do You Have an Eating Disorder?
- Do you feel guilt and remorse when you eat?
- Are you terrified of being overweight?
- Do you isolate so that you can eat?
- Do you avoid eating when you’re hungry?
- Do you continue to eat even after you feel full?
- Do you take medication or exercise instead of eating a meal?
- Do you weigh yourself at least once a day?
- Do you evaluate yourself based on your body size and shape?
- Do you eat large amounts of food in a brief amount of time?
- Do you feel out of control when you eat?
- Do you make yourself vomit to avoid gaining weight?
- Do you regularly take laxatives or diuretics to lose weight?
- Do you exercise no matter how tired or sick you may feel?
- Do you skip meals in order to lose weight or to avoid gaining weight?
- Do you diet often?
- Do you exercise more than once a day?
- Do you hide food?
- Do your emotions affect your eating habits?
- Are you preoccupied with food or your body size?
- Do you avoid close relationships or social activities?
- Do you feel as if food controls your life?
If you have answered “Yes” to any of these questions, you should seek professional help. This screening is NOT a diagnostic tool, and does not replace an official assessment. If you need help finding an eating disorder specialist in your area, please contact us.